Written by Badminton Australia Wednesday, 18 April 2012 21:25
“provide an opportunity to all young Australians to develop and enrich their lives through Badminton”
The purpose of the documentation is to provide a framework for a nationally consistent, transparent and coordinated environment for all badminton players. Badminton Australia (BA) is delighted to provide you with the attached documents which:
- Sets out agreed BA policies relating to junior development
- Incorporates a series of fact sheets which provide guidance in a range of important areas
This documents are designed to help you:
- Make Badminton fun for everyone
- Create safe and supportive environments for enjoyable participation
- Encourage lifelong involvement
- Develop a consistent and coordinated approach to all Badminton programs
- Foster the spirit of Badminton and etiquette of the game
- Understand a child’s development particularly in relation to her/his badminton skills
- Implement appropriate skill related activities for children aged 5-18 years of age
Adopting the framework provided will go a long way in ensuring quality Badminton experiences for boys and girls. Junior Badminton happens because of a significant input by enthusiastic and supportive coaches, officials, parents, and volunteers. Badminton Australia thanks you all for your efforts.
Selection Policy Resources
When it comes to choosing individuals and representative teams for sporting events, the Australian Sports Commission has a set of generic selection guidelines which can be used by your Club/Association to put some selection policies in place. To download a copy of the booklet click on Selection Guidelines – “Getting it Right”.