Written by Badminton Australia Thursday, 27 June 2013 14:00
Badminton Australia’s National Ranking System is known as the Australian Rankings. This ranking system brings increased accuracy and transparency to the ranking of players throughout Australia and encourages players to participate in a greater number of domestic events. The Australian Rankings will also be used to bring into line a uniform system for the seeding of all national and state level tournaments.
The Australian Ranking is a list of players in order of strength. There is one list for each of the five Badminton events – men’s singles, women’s singles, men’s doubles, women’s doubles and mixed doubles. Players in doubles events will be ranked individually. Key facts about the Australian Rankings are below:
- The Australian Rankings are individual rankings for each event that will include all National tournaments, State tournaments and BWF sanctioned tournaments. Compiled from the previous 52 weeks.
- The rankings will include a player’s eight (8) best tournament results with a maximum of four (4) BWF sanctioned events to be included.
- Tournaments are allocated a specific level for ranking points. This can be viewed in the Australian Rankings Regulations below.
Latest rankings: Click Here
Australian Rankings Regulations: Click Here
Player ID: Click Here
For help identifying your player ID, please contact your State/Territory Association:
* ACT Badminton Association: firstname.lastname@example.org
* NSW Badminton Association: email@example.com
* NT Badminton Association: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Queensland Badminton Association: email@example.com
* Badminton South Australia: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Tasmanian Badminton Association: email@example.com
* Badminton Victoria: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Badminton Association of WA (Inc.): email@example.com