Badminton Australia and BWF’s goal is to have well informed, educated and talented coaches throughout the badminton system. To achieve this goal, the BWF have developed a series of free coaching resources and training courses, which Badminton Australia have adopted and use.
BWF provide free to download Coach Education Materials which include:
- Coaches’ Manuals
- Instructional Video Clips
BWF support Coach Education globally through the translation of resources into a variety of core languages. Through the BWF Education website, coaches can learn about BWF’s Coach Education Framework which aligns directly to the Badminton Australia Coaching Framework.
To register to access free coaching materials go to http://bwfeducation.com/coaches/
For more information or if you have questions, contact BWF’s Development Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
BWF Coach Education Level 1
The BWF Coach Education Level 1 is the first of the three levels in the Coach Education framework. Launched at the beginning of 2012, it is the most fundamental course for Badminton Coaches. It is the start of the performance pathway and suitable for coaches who want to coach players who are starting to get competitive at club level.
The manual, which is available FREE online, consists of 12 modules – outlining the Basic Coaching Principles of:
- What to Coach – explaining the basic technical, tactical, and physical elements.
- How to Coach – defining the basic elements of Coaching Methodology
- Planning and Delivery of progressive coaching sessions
BWF provide video clips to assist in the learning and delivery of the coaching sessions. This resource includes a comprehensive range of video clips demonstrating the fundamentals of the physical, technical and tactical elements of Badminton.
All Coach Level 1 videos are readily available online at BadmintonWorld.Tv
BWF Coach Education Level 2
BWF Coach Education Level 2 is an Advanced Coaching Award, catering for Badminton Coaches with an interest in Planning and Delivering a one year training programme. The manual, which is available FREE online, consists of 11 modules – outlining the Coaching Principles of:
- What to Coach – explaining the technical, tactical, and physical elements.
- How to Coach – defining the elements of Coaching Methodology
- Planning and Delivery of a one year training programme
All Coach Level 2 videos are readily available on the BWF education website.
BWF Coach Education Level 3
The BWF Coach Education Level 3 is a Specialised Coaching Award, aimed at badminton coaches who are interested in high-level youth coaching or in elite coaching. It’s is planned for release in December 2018.
The manual, to be available FREE online, will address:
- Coaching Systems – looking at the process from initial talent identification through to elite-level play
- Youth Development Models – how to support and guide talent development in young players
- Elite Coaching – how to use the unique characteristics of elite players to support their development
- Tools to support coaches in advancing the skills of their players at different stages
All Coach Level 3 videos will be readily available online