AWARDS AND INSURANCE
Badminton Australia has a set of Annual Awards to complement Life Member and other Service Awards to recognise the efforts and lengths that people (paid and unpaid) go to across the nation to deliver excellent achievements and services in our sport. Any member affiliated to Badminton Australia is welcome to submit nominations to recognise excellence within badminton. These are people that you want to thank for their time, effort, enthusiasm or support of badminton.
Everyone who has played sport has at least 1 volunteer to thank, so everyone is welcome to download further information and start nominating for:
- Senior Player(s) of the Year
- Junior Player(s) of the Year
- Club or Team of the Year
- Coach of the Year
- Technical Official of the Year
- Administrator of the Year
- Volunteer of the Year
LIFE MEMBER / SERVICE AWARDS
Badminton Australia has a number of service awards. Please see below for a description of the awards and for the award nomination form.
Badminton Australia has provision for a number of service awards in its Constitution and By-Laws.
1. Life Member
2. Conspicuous Service Award
3. Award of Merit
4. Service Diplomas
1. LIFE MEMBER
Badminton Australia may at an Annual General Meeting, appoint an honorary Life Member, in recognition of long and outstanding service to the Association, provided that:
a) not more than one honorary Life Member is appointed at any Annual General Meeting, and;
b) a person shall not be appointed an honorary Life Member unless not fewer than two thirds of those present, and entitled to vote shall be in favour of the appointment, and;
c) that Life Member of the Association shall be entitled to attend and speak at all Annual and other Special general meetings of the Association, but may not vote.
The form of recognition for Life Members is a badge of a design based on the current Australian badge. A suitable scroll is also awarded.
2. CONSPICUOUS SERVICE AWARD
a) To be awarded for outstanding service of a conspicuous nature in achievements and or services to badminton;
b) On behalf of Badminton Australia to be bestowed by the Board;
c) The award shall be a lapel badge and a scroll or certificate with appropriate inscription of reasons for the award;
d) Recommendations for the award shall be on a prescribed form obtainable from the National Office;
e) Recommendations can be made by Members of the Badminton Australia Board, Life Members of the Association and Members.
Recommendations can be made for services or achievements in the following:-
- Olympic Games Representative;
- Olympic Games Official;
- Australian Captain for Four years;
- Australian Manager for Four years;
- Australian Coach for Four years;
- Any Player who has represented Australia in ten International events (viz.: World Championships, Sudirman Cup, Thomas Cup, Uber Cup, World Junior Championships, Whyte Trophy, Commonwealth Games, Olympic Games and approved International events involving an Australian Team);
- Winning ten Australian Titles and/or International Titles;
- Serving on the BA Board for more than five years;
- Serving more than one year on the Council of the BWF;
- Serving more than three years on the Executive of the ACGA;
- Service as a Commonwealth Games Official;
- Service as ten years as an Badminton Australia Official or Administrator;
- Service of fifteen years as a State Councillor/Board Member, Administrator only on the recommendation of a Member
3. AWARD OF MERIT
The Award of Merit is awarded for meritorious service and or achievements for badminton. It is awarded on behalf of the Australian Badminton Association to be bestowed by the Board of Badminton Australia. The award is a lapel badge and a scroll or certificate with appropriate inscription of reasons for the award.
Recommendations for the award can be made by Members of Badminton Australia, Life Members and Members.
Recommendations can be made for services or achievements in the following:
- Australian Captain fewer than four years;
- Australian Manager on fewer than five occasions;
- Any player who has represented Australia six times;
- Any player who has won six Australian and or International titles;
- Services on these Boards/Committees/Councils: Badminton Australia, AOC, ACGA, CAS at least four years;
- Five years of service on ABCOC, ABCC or approved Badminton Australia Committee;
- Service of ten years as a State Counsellor, Board Member or Administrator only on the recommendation of a Member.
4. SERVICE DIPLOMAS
The Service Diploma is awarded for service not in the category of meritorious or conspicuous service but worthy of recognition.
- The Service Diploma is on behalf of Badminton Australia and to be given by the Board;
- Award is a suitably inscribed Diploma;
- Recommendations for the award should be on a prescribed form obtainable from the National Office;
Please click on the following link to download a copy of a Badminton Australia Award Nomination Form.
GROUP INSURANCE FROM SPORTSCOVER FOR BADMINTON AUSTRALIA’S MEMBER ASSOCIATIONS & CLUBS, THEIR MEMBERS AND THEIR OFFICIAL ACITIVITES
Please go to Marsh Insurance for information on:
- Sportscover Associations Liability
- Sportscover Policy Schedules
- Sportscover Sports Injury
PROFESSIONAL COACHES LIABILITY COVER (MARKETFORM, NEWLY RELEASED)
Badminton Australia has, with Marsh Insurance Brokers, recently released an offer of a Liability Cover, for Professional (BA Registered Member Coaches), operating in a non-association/club environment (ie operating privately, outside of an approved members association/club activity). This cover is for ‘Individuals’ and does not come automatically with BA Membership, as for the Group Sportscover Liability cover above, and needs to be applied for and paid for separately. Cover only issues on approval/acceptance. It is very economically priced, and should be tax deductible to the BA Registered Member Coach operating privately. Badminton Australia is providing this Individual Product to all BA Registered Member Coaches at cost.