Badminton Australia is partnering with the Australian Sports Commission (ASC) to deliver Sporting Schools programs.
Sporting Schools is a $100 million Australian Government program seeking to engage 850,000 primary school aged children in up to 70% of Australian schools in sporting activities before, during or after school.
Schools can apply for funding, to support programs for their students involving multiple program sessions endorsed by Badminton Australia, and delivered by an accredited coach or school teacher.
WHY SPORTING SCHOOLS?
- Increase children’s participation in sport
- Nurture children’s lifelong love of sport
- Grow junior participation for both boys and girls
- Community engagement with local associations
- School yard to badminton star pathways
- Education and development for teachers, parents, and community members
Badminton Australia endorses and offers Shuttle Time through Sporting Schools. Shuttle Time introduces participants to the fundamental movement and lifelong skills of badminton through a variety of fun, safe and socially inclusive activities and games.
A major feature of Shuttle Time is the availability of its free resources. All teaching points, skill activities and games, are made available through a Teacher Manual, 22 Lesson Plans, 92 Video Clips.
For more information about funding opportunities and to find out about Badminton Australia's packages and equipment costs, click here.
SPORTING SCHOOLS PROVIDERS
- Valid ABN (or declare ABN exempt);
- Certificate of insurance (minimum $10m public liability insurance and $2m professional indemnity insurance);
- Evidence of coaches' Working With Children Check approval;
- Evidence of coaches' badminton coaching qualifications (or attain qualifications prior to program delivery);
- School booking information for Sporting Schools programs.
Sporting Schools providers are expected to invoice the schools directly.
SPORTING SCHOOLS COACHES
Every school that receives funding must complete the ASC acquittal and reporting processes. To ensure this is done smoothly, program bookings must be made by the school on the Sporting Schools portal, and all providers and coaches conducting sessions must be endorsed by Badminton Australia. A booking can be made for up to 30 students per session. Sessions can be as long as 60 minutes. Any participating group must complete a minimum of 4 sessions each in the school funding term.
Endorsed Program = Endorsed Provider + Endorsed Coach OR Endorsed School Teacher
Unendorsed Program = Unendorsed Provider + Unendorsed Coach; OR Unendorsed Provider + Endorsed Coach; OR Endorsed Provider + Unendorsed Coach
If a school requests a program that does not meet the ASC minimum requirements, the provider or coach must communicate with the school on how to restructure their request to best suit their budget and requirements.
Watch the highlights below of the pilot program which helped launch Sporting Schools.